Saturday, July 20, 2013

Benlysta Tuesday!!!

Today was busy for me. Today was my regularly scheduled monthly visit to my rheumatologist and monthly Benlysta infusion treatment. First, let me tell you all some of what my rheumatologist does. He is one of my physicians whom I see regularly. He is a physician who diagnoses and treats rheumatic conditions such as Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and several others. Rheumatic conditions/diseases often affect internal organs such as the brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, and blood vessels. My symptoms range from pain and swelling of my joints, fatigue, skin sensitivity to prolonged sunlight exposure, anxiety, and sometimes depression. I have suffered from Lupus since 1995, when I was only 15 years old. Wow, imagine having that news given to you as a sophomore in high school. Just a little past info...but back to today. I saw my doctor as scheduled then proceeded down the hallway to the infusion suite. Imagine a room of about 9-10 recliners filled with patients, each hooked up to an IV receiving their prescribed medication. I must say, you can not find a more kind and caring group of nurses who continuously watch over me throughout the process. These group of ladies and gentleman, lol, know how to make me comfortable and relaxed. They also do a great job of making me laugh and making the experience as pleasant as possible. Wish I could name them, but I can't due to laws and regulations. But I will say "thank you for all you do to help me and others like me ". I sat down in my recliner, and my RN came over and first checked my arm for a good vein. Then came that lovely stick (OUCH!!!)but it didn't hurt lol. After my IV was placed I was off and running. The infusion process lasted approximately an hour and 15 minutes. Happy to report no adverse sidde effects. Until next time family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment