Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year everyone!! Yes, I know I am a little late (LOL), but better late than never. Wow, can you believe it is the 15th of February already. Time sure does fly by. A lot has happened over the past months. First, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. This was the first Christmas in our new house. Is it me, or did Christmas appear to get here really fast? I mean one month, it was October, the next thing you know it was Christmas.
Here are a few of the gifts I had available for purchase. Check out my personal website, www.marykay.com/nbhones, for great gift ideas for any occasion. Our Christmas was extremely busy. I spent most of my time preparing for back-to-back Mary Kay Christmas Open Houses. Both were a success, but I learned one very valuable lesson when hosting an open house, plan early. I was trying to prepare individual gifts, plus hold a party. Wow...what a lot of work.

So...Valentine's Day has come and gone. Ladies and gentlemen I hope you all had a wonderful evening with your significant other. My time was spent at home relaxing, watching The Best Man Holiday. I must say, if you have not had a chance to see this movie, it is definitely worth watching. Yes, y'all, it will have you laughing and crying too!! No, I did not have a Valentine this year. Don't worry, I wasn't upset. I did read several Facebook posts about women finding out they weren't the only woman in their "man's" life. Some women, unfortunately discovered they were the "side piece". Ladies let me apologize for these guys who where not "Man" enough to tell you up front; rather than leaving you stood up on Valentine's Day. Guys...if you don't really want her then don't string her along, be honest and upfront. There's nothing wrong with being friends, but make sure that you both know what the other wants, and that you are upfront with your intentions. Ladies, the same goes for you too. Let's take this year and be honest in our relationships...communication is key.

Other than that, I have been debating on the issue of returning to school to complete my PhD. Yes, Dr. Nikki Bhones does have a nice ring to it. I'll let you guys know in my future posts what degree program I decide to pursue. I am thinking of going the online route this time, rather than actually sit in a classroom. I have to prepare myself for my upcoming Benlysta treatment this week. The intraveneous treatments are continuing to go pretty well, with no major side effects. Hopefully, this treatment will help burn the Lupus out, so that I can finally get a new kidney. Yay!!! That would be the best birthday present ever. I will keep you posted on my progress. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment